What's new

Cigarette Lighter/ rear power plug

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
Any body help me with this one? both the plug/sockets have no power to them, I was using the electric pump to top up the tyres when each of them in turn stopped supplying power. I checked the front one with *** lighter no joy, anybody know which fuse I am likely to have blown? looked in both boxes but the cd manual guide does not relate to what I find. HELP!

My user guide reckons you want the interior fuse box (p476). I've never looked, but it seems to be behind a slide off panel next to the gas pedal.

Fuse 9 for the cig lighter
Fuse 13 for the rear socket.

What it doesn't say is what size they should be! If you're stuck I can get a torch and see what's in mine. I'd imagine 10 or 15 amp, but that's just a guess.

Thanks Matt, will have another look tommorow, going to check my drivers book now. My book indicates fuse 9 for the *** lighter, and 13 for the rear socket. sure I had them out today but will give it another go. Thanks again

Intrigued by the fact I've never noticed this fuse box, I've just had a look.

InnerFuseBox_zpsd1da3496.jpg

Mine has a 20A fitted in both positions:

FuseSizes_zps35faa11e.jpg

And the correct sizes and locations are printed on the inside of the cover. One shows a cigarette / pipe, the other is in the book.

FuseDesignations_zpsb75cc11d.jpg

Little did I know the car used those mini blade fuses. Better stock up next time I'm in Halfords just in case ;)

In case anyone else comes looking for this info, my 2003 Accord 2.0EX has the cigarette lighter at #9 (3rd from the right on the bottom row) and the rear accessory socket at #12 (far left of the middle row). Make sure you're NOT looking at it from above, ie. upside down! Honda manual doesn't list Amp ratings; Haynes says it should be a 10A.

Funny, mine went too, while using the official Honda compressor! They're remarkably imperfect, these Japanese. Still, it's pretty good apart from that. And the battery. And the wet seat belt. And the lack of a silence mode on the alarm. And the cornering feel/ride with standard 17" alloys. And the windows sticking on fully open. Apart from that, all's good. : )

Came with the car and listed on original delivery sheet. But you're right, they may have been an optional extra. 16s are apparently much better ride & handling. I'd ***ume that's right as mine seem to float/twitch when cornering/going around roundabouts, which is really odd. I thought originally that it was some weird steering tech, like 4WS, but then I realised it was hindering me not helping. Then I found the note on Autotrader or HonestJohn reviews about the 17s and thought.... "ah, that's what it is". I've grown to live with it. Let's face it, I'm never going to be throwing this one around as much as I used to throw my Alfa 6V3.0 around. <Sighs>
: )

dave

Guys, did the rear socket used to be an extra option or only available on the tourer? Where is it supposed to be in the rear? I cant find one on my car (saloon)

Rinesh said:
Guys, did the rear socket used to be an extra option or only available on the tourer? Where is it supposed to be in the rear? I cant find one on my car (saloon)
If it's there it will be in your arm rest when you open it.

Bought some 16s (winter tyres/wheels) a few months ago, when all tyres needed replacing, as well as a bust alloy. Ouch. They're quite a different ride. Better in almost all places, but they do tramline a bit. Economy does seem to be up a bit too. And sticky? Wow.

Can someone verify for me, which fuse in my '54 Honda EX2.0A Tourer is for the rear accessory socket? I did check the manual against what it seemed to say but the fuse was intact. Swapping it out also made no difference. Perhaps I got the wrong one or else it's melted wiring and not the fuse, which would be sad.