What's new

8th gen / 2013 / Saloon / EX / small hole rear wheel arches

Rusty-nail

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 iDTEC EX
Hi All,
I've noticed a small hole (8mm diam) in the passenger side of the rear wheel arch at 10 O Clock. Same hole is at 2 O Clock on the drivers side rear wheel arch.
What is it's purpose ?
I'm thinking it should be plugged to prevent water and dirt getting behind the panel (rusting behind panel) ? Was there a clip there and it has fallen away. Hole is visible with wheel in place.IMG_20240428_130849.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know the answer but would suggest 2 holes would not have something fall out of them.
They may be to let moisture out from between the inner panels to stop causing corrosion.

Not sure if this helps - from the workshop manual (ESM) - my copy only goes up to 2010 but I doubt much has changed for the facelift

This is under "Rear Inner Fender Replacement"

1714384049401.png

Not sure if this helps - from the workshop manual (ESM) - my copy only goes up to 2010 but I doubt much has changed for the facelift

This is under "Rear Inner Fender Replacement"

View attachment 921
Good diagrams BJT.
Where could I get a workshop manual ? Looks like a very useful document to have.

Good diagrams BJT.
Where could I get a workshop manual ? Looks like a very useful document to have.
This is the easiest way

99% of it works fine following those instructions with the exception of some of the wiring diagrams - There is a link for a downloadable version somewhere but you really need an old computer or virtual machine with Windows XP to run it