What's new

Top service from Marshall Honda York.

walton1231

Members
Reaction score
Car
walton
Bought my es gt 2mth ago with 60k and im Very pleased with Marshall Honda York. Fitted a new clutch and flywheel,cup holder new windows trims and sorted my squeaky seat. Top notch service and would definitely use them again. The car is getting dropped off at home on Sunday.

Accord 2.2 i dtec es gt 60k miles.

Good they sorted it.

Another diesel with a broken clutch and flywheel at only 60k miles though

Wouldn't say it was broken per say. Definite slight judder under load going up gears and downshifting, intermittently though. Service guy says they used a tool to check tolerances/parameters allowed by Honda and it was on the cusp yet insisted it wouldn't of got any worse

Update on this is that the juddering came back so the car is now back down honda marshall york and in the mean time i have a 1.6 idtec civic which btw is a sublime car, really! Anyhow they have been back on and told me the flywheel they put on looks like its done 90k after 500 miles :0 Now honda technical is directly advising the garage on the way forward. A new clutch and flywheel have been fitted again and now they are only getting a slight judder under load into second, not through the pedals or steering wheel but from where your arse sits. With all mounts looking fine honda have advised them to check drive shafts for any wear. Looking to here back from them next week so ill let you guys know how it goes. Still top notch service from york.

The Accord drive shafts seem weak, so might be bent if its been heavily kerbed

My views with Marshall Harrogate and York are jokers, last communication with York wasn't good for me as manager never returned my calls about damage to my rear wing and about the front bumper that was damaged and painted without telling me to cover up

I'll never be using these garages again nothing but trouble, they were ok until 1 year ago then downhill fast

Glad you're getting sorted though and a decent level of service

Latest update on this lads not lasses. Honda York gave me the option of the exact same car but with 50k on the clock straight swap so I went with it. Car was great to drive with none of the problems the previous one had until.... clutch started slipping from 2k rpm in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th followed by the dpf failing with the exclamation mark after the warning sign. Because of this I've washed my hands with the accord IDtec and went back to good old petrol in the form of a 1.8 ivtec 61 plate es-t civic with 38k on the clock. Very impressed with it so far. Averaging 42 mpg round the doors and had all and more toys than the accord and just as practical imo. Shame as it's still no accord to look at.

Really sorry to hear of all your Accord woes but that spaceship Civic still looks very nice before or after your mod wishes.

Glad you got it sorted.

Bad to hear another iDtec with major issues that Honda cant fix.

Beware used cars buyers, as I expect that car will be back on sale at some point.